13 September 2007

Ishmael and the Return of the Dugongs by Michael Gerard Bauer

The latest offering from Michael Gerard Bauer is perhaps even more hilarious than "Don't Call Me Ishmael". I'm not sure though. Both novels contain laugh out loud parts.

In 'Ishmael and the Return of the Dugongs' the quest is to capture the heart of Kelly and Ishmael definitely finds himself in some scrapes in this adventure. 'The Dugongs' is the name of his fathers old uni rock band that attempts a 20th reunion. Enjoy the familiar characters in new and amusing scenario's. I especially loved the rivalry between maths nerd Prindabel and Zorzotto (self titled "Razzman") in the debating final. It was priceless.

I hope Michael Gerard Bauer has started on his next novel, because so far I have loved 3 out 3 novels I have read.

No comments: