21 July 2007

Shift Reading

I'm glad my son had to work today. We bought the latest Harry Potter from his place of part time employment when I dropped him off and I had most of the day to read it. When I picked him up, it was his turn. We are fairly dignified about sharing the book now, but it hasn't always been like that.

I remember around book 4, we had one copy to share between 3 of us and the kids would take a plastic chair up on to the garage roof and sit up there and read it, mocking me. I am fairly afraid of heights. I knew if I went to the gym, or the shops, the book and the kids would end up on the garage roof and I would have no way of retrieving it until they were hungry or it got dark. Funny memories!

Our Harry Potter books have been read and reread. We've been to all the movies, yet only the first one all together on opening night. The movies were ok, but not nearly as gripping and fun as the books.

I've enjoyed what I've read so far, I'm almost reluctantly reading it because once it's done, it's done. My next shift will come in an hour or so when he goes out for dinner.

No comments: