20 July 2007

Monster Blood Tattoo Book One: Foundling

Imagine a world where there are monsters of all shapes and sizes and fear factors and whilst the humans of the world are very focused on killing them using all kinds of means, you feel empathy with them. The orphan with the girly name, Rossamund, faces just this dilemma.

Monster Blood Tattoo: Foundling by D.M. Cornish is another shortlisted book from the CBCA Awards. I found it tough at first, which is possibly a reflection of the genre and the limits of my imagination. Often when I start a fantasy book it takes a little to get myself a picture about the settings and characters.

I look forward to reading the rest of the series. The characters are interesting and lovable and the adventures and mysteries have me hooked now.

No comments: