29 May 2007

The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho


Gypsies, the steppes, travel, orphans, witches,dancing, calligraphyThe Witch of Portobello has it all. I looked forward to reading it each night.

When I think back on the books I've read by Paulo Coelho I can never quite put my finger on what part of it impacted on me, yet I always feel a little altered and more alive from having read. I love the International flavour of his books. I find it quite startling sometimes when he writes because many of his central characters are women and the subjects quite feminine, yet he treats them from a male perspective. I enjoy his writing and look forward to the few remaining unread by me.

PS: Kat, text me your address and I will put it in the mail to you. If you are quick, you could be reading it on the weekend!

No comments: